Kit Carson Electric regards safe practice as a priority where electrical equipment is involved. Electricity is no respecter of persons. It can cause serious injury if treated with little regard. For this reason, Kit Carson Electric encourages everyone to keep in mind the following safety rules when working near electrical equipment. Practicing these measures could avoid unnecessary accidents or injury:
- Consider any electrical line dangerous.
- Do not play near electrical equipment, and keep all objects such as kites, metal ladders and antennas away from power lines.
- Be aware of your surroundings when working.
- Stay clear of power lines. Doing this avoids the danger of electrical shock.
- Always report unsafe conditions to the co-op immediately. Never try to resolve the problem yourself.